Last Updated: January 25, 2017
- COLLECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- We will collect personal data when you sign up as a Client or as a Professional on the Website. We may also collect personal data about you through cookies when you visit the Website, and collect personal data about you which is publicly accessible on the internet. If you contact us and provide personal data, this personal data will also be collected and processed.
- When you sign up as Client we will ask for basic profile information, e.g. your name, e-mail address, telephone number, country, time zone and language. As a Professional using the Website and Services we will ask you for additional information in order to better match you to projects, e.g. work experience, market and industry knowledge.
- PROCESSING OF PERSONAL DATA
- We collect and process personal data for the purpose of providing the Website and the Services and being able to communicate with you within the scope of the Services. We also process personal data for the purpose of improving the quality of the Website and the Services. We may also send you information and updates regarding the Services and new services or functionality. If you do not wish to receive marketing information from us, you may opt-out by sending an e-mail to [email protected]
- In order to provide you with the Services that you choose, we will forward necessary personal data, as appropriate, to a Client or a Professional. We acknowledge that confidentiality is of the utmost importance and we will only disclose personal data to the extent it is necessary to provide the Services to you or as required by law.
- Cookies are small amounts of information stored on your computer. Using cookies enables us to monitor traffic on the Website and to personalize the content of the Website to your requests. By using cookies, we can enhance your experience when using the Website and for example make it easier for you to log on when revisiting the Website.
- We may use third party providers for hosting and providing the Website and the Services. If we engage subcontractors, we will enter into necessary agreements with the subcontractors in order to abide by Applicable Law when processing personal data. Any subcontractor will be a data processor for the processing of personal data within the Website and the Services. Personal data may be transferred and processed outside the EU/EEA. In such case we are committed to put in place necessary contractual safeguards in order to protect personal data and to comply with Applicable Law.
- Unless required to do so by law, we will not otherwise share, sell or distribute any of the information you provide to us without your consent.
- The security of the Website and the Services is important to us and we take adequate technical and organizational security measures to ensure that your personal data is not misused, lost or unlawfully accessed.
- ACCURACY OF THE PERSONAL DATA
- We take all reasonable steps to ensure that your personal data is correct and up-to-date. If you believe that your personal data stored by us is incorrect, please contact us and provide the correct data so that we can rectify and update your personal data. You can also correct and update the personal data provided by you directly on the Website.
- RIGHT TO OBTAIN INFORMATION
- Once per calendar year, you are entitled to obtain information about your personal data stored and processed by us at no cost. The request must be made in writing and addressed to us, on the address below, and must be signed by you.
- DEACTIVATION AND DELETION OF ACCOUNT
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data. However, the effect may be that you are no longer able to use the Website or the Services. If you want to delete your account, please contact us by using the details provided below.
- CONTACT INFORMATION
Knowledge Gate AB
Saltmätargatan 19 A
113 59 Stockholm
The Swedish Data Protection Authority (“DPA”) is the supervisory authority in regards to Knowledge Gate’s processing of personal data and you may contact the DPA if you have concerns about how Knowledge Gate processes personal data.